20 July 2011

A challenge to Emergent leaders who are allies to LGBTQ #21LGBTQchallenge via @mojojules


My friend Jules has thrown down a gauntlet.  Check it, y'all:

If you are an emergent leader, have organized gatherings, and you are an ally I dare you to do a C21 part 2. You say your an ally and you want to actively support those of us in the conversation (and those not in the conversation) who are queer put your actions where your mouth is. I challenge you to organize an event to highlight LGBTQ as the voices who are speaking. 21 LGBTQ, 21 minutes to speak. Use your power of influence to finally show that you aren’t just talking this stuff, but you mean it. I dare you. I double dog dare you!

Read her whole post.  Do eeeet!

Pretty simple, no?  The time has come, no?  It would be a good step forward in the direction my new friend Brian Gerald Murphy points toward in his Call for a Queer Theology.

The time has come, yes!  Emergent leaderly, conferency friends, let's get this done.  Soon.  How's 2012?  I'm not callin' y'all out by name - yet.  (I'd do it privately, don't worry.)

My dear friends, we have been dared.  Not just dared, but Double Dog Dared.  There is only one honorable response to the Double Dog Dare.

Let's get this done.

No comments: