14 June 2007

Me me me me me! Meme.

So here I am, minding my own business, and Gallycat tags me with a meme. What did I ever do to deserve this? ;-)

Honestly, this seems like a pretty lame and generic meme, but it also seems to be sweeping the blogosphere, so who am I to argue with a force of nature?

So here goes.

First, the rules. Then, the meme.

1. Each player starts with eight random facts/habits about themselves.

2. People who are tagged need to write their own blog about their eight things and post these rules.

3. At the end of your blog, you need to choose eight people to get tagged and list their names.

4. Don’t forget to leave them a comment telling them they’re tagged, and to read your blog.

So here's my randumb facts:
  1. I am a Leo.
  2. When I was a Tibetan Buddhist, the name I was given at my Refuge Ordination by Lama Garchen Rinpoche was "Konchok Choseng", which means "Dharma Lion of the Triple Gem".
  3. Note the common "lion" theme in #1 and #2. Coincidence? I think not. I'm not sure this counts as a fact or habit, so...I have a habit of perceiving patterns where there are none. :-)
  4. I took many vows as a Tibetan Buddhist, including Refuge, Self-Liberation, Bodhisattva, and Tantric vows, and I was ordained as a Nagpa, or lay practitioner. (In Buddhism, "lay" is typically not the opposite of "ordained" but rather of "monk or nun".) I've "given those vows back", which means I no longer go out of my way to keep them, although many of them would be kept by any moral and ethical person.
  5. I have a tattoo on my left ankle of the mantra of Green Tara, a female Bodhisattva/Buddha in Tibetan Buddhism.
  6. The reason I have a mantra tattooed on my ankle is that I spent the summer of 1999 both a) a new Buddhist and b) manic. I have bipolar disorder.
  7. I spent some time trying to be a Unitarian/Universalist, and Tina and I were married in a UU church.
  8. I've now been a Christian for about five years, which is longer than I was a UU or a Buddhist. I think this one will stick. :-)
I guess those facts weren't exactly random. There was something of a theme to my meme. Oh well - sue me.

Now to tag some folks. Let's see - who don't I like? :-)

Let's try: Israel, ErinPoetChica, TooSaucyForTheNunnery, SusanClericChica, Chrystalguy, MarandaZooChica, Derrick, and MichelleOtherZooChica.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Mike,

I just got pegged with this meme not too long ago myself. Good to see it's not just circulating on LiveJournal. :-)

BTW, I am reading 'The Essential Dalai Lama' right now.