18 April 2008

Quick update on my Dad

Just a quick update for folks who read my blog but aren't connected to me in other ways, and might be wondering a) how my Dad is doing, and/or b) why I haven't been posting as much lately.

Dad's strength has been failing daily, and it's clear that he doesn't have too much time left. He sleeps all but 1-2 hours/day now. He's ready to go. Hospice caregivers, and the many people who love my Dad and Mom, have been wonderful. I've been down here (near Charlotte, NC) with Dad and Mom and other family and friends for the past 2 1/2 weeks, and I'm planning to stay for as long as I need to. It's been an immeasurable gift to be able to be here at this time, to be with Dad and laugh with him and hold him so much, and to laugh and cry with and help support Mom and my brother. We're seeing God's grace and love every day.

If you're someone who prays and the Spirit brings us to mind, we're grateful. Tell your loved ones you love them, friends, and give them a hug for me. Peace, peace, peace.